Junior Instructor Program
This program is designed in collaboration with the Professional Ski Instructors of America and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors. This program is geared toward 12-14 year olds, who have a deep love for skiing or riding and might want to become an instructor in the future! Students will grow their own skills, while learning how to teach others, and learn about the industry as a whole.
This 8 week program is taught in conjunction with PSIA-AASI. It will take place on Sunday afternoons beginning January 9th, 2022 at 3:30pm and will conclude on March 6th, 2022.
This program will cover topics on:
- Teaching the skiing/riding progression
- CAP model and learning cycle
- What it means to be an instructor
- Skiing/Riding personal skills
- Teaching techniques
- Public speaking/Personal skills
- Incident response
- Ski Patrol
- Industry panels/discussions
- Potential careers
- Lesson Shadowing
Joining this program also gets students access to all instructor clinics and other opportunities to meet top industry pros!
Q: Who will teach my student?
A: Your student will be taught by PSIA-AASI Certified instructors. These instructors will be handpicked by the snowsports director and are among the best at McIntyre.
Q: What is the minimum requirements to complete this program?
A: At a minimum the student must complete the online portion, participate in the 8 week/15 hour program, and shadow a minimum of 6 hours of lessons.There will be opportunities for students to participate in various other clinics, but these are not required.
Q: What will the student receive upon completion of the program?
A: The student will obtain the following
- PSIA-AASI junior instructor card
- Junior instructor pin
- Personal certificate from the nationally recognized program
- Details on future careers
- Increased starting pay (if the student joins the McIntyre snowsports team in the future)
- Deeper insight into the ski/snowboard industry