2020 Learn to Ski and Snowboard School Program
Matthew Thornton will be partnering with McIntyre Ski Area in Manchester, NH to provide ski and snowboard lessons to students during McIntyre’s Mighty Macs after school lesson program! McIntyre has been providing snowsports programs to children for over 25 years. McIntyre provides children with a fun, safe and unintimidating environment to learn a sport that will last a lifetime!
Mighty Macs Second Session Lessons (all 3 weeks)
~Helmet Rental $10
~Open Ski $45 (Lift ticket only, Level 4+ )
~Registration closes 9:00am on January 31st, 2020.
Matthew Thornton School will be attending Snowsports Club at McIntyre on:
~SECOND SESSION Thursdays from 4:30-6:30pm is anticipated to begin on February 20th,** 2020
~**Lessons are projected to take place on: February 20th, March 5th and March 12th. **
** Please note if there are any cancellations due to inclement weather this will push second session dates to the following week(s). **If there is a change in dates and classes run into February school vacation classes will skip over school vacation week and resume the following week until all 3 weeks are completed. There will be no refunds or make up lessons if the class schedule is postponed and you miss a class due to scheduling conflicts.
School Coordinator Contact:
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Any student who is renting equipment must be sized at least 1 week before programs begin so that they can have their equipment ready when they arrive the first day and have the correct information printed on their lesson tag.
- These dates are specific to schools who do not already have McIntyre coming to them for fitting and information. We will be offering a special savings in our retail shop to students who signed up for school programs on the fitting nights listed above.
- All students will be grouped according to age and ability. We will evaluate your child and make sure they are in the appropriate group for their skill level and age.
- Any requests to be with friends are not guaranteed.
- There are no make up lessons if your child misses one lesson. Makeup lessons are only done on a school basis.
- If lessons are cancelled by McIntyre we will schedule the makeup lesson week to the end of the lesson program. (This would mean lessons would be one week past the projected last day of lesson programs.) We will do our best to make sure all 5 lessons are covered.
- If you as a parent or guardian would like to ski/snowboard while your child is here in lessons you may purchase a parent pass for $15.
- If you would like to be more a part of the program as a chaperone please let your coordinator know. McIntyre is always in need of Chair riders, chaperones in the rental shop to help get children to their lessons on time, chaperones in the lodge etc. Your coordinator can provide you with more information on being a parent chaperone. Please keep in mind that this is not an opportunity to ski only with your child, other children will need assistance too.
- Please make sure your child is dressed warm and has extra hats, mittens and gloves packed for ski club. We also suggest packing separate winter clothing for ski club and recess, it is not fun for any child who will have to put cold wet clothing back on from recess for ski club at night. We have a wide variety of accessories in our retail shop and if you come by on a fitting and info night you will be able to save some money by just being in ski club!
- For information on what to wear for skiing and snowboarding follow these links. How to dress for skiing. How to dress for snowboarding.
- For more information on ski club and policies please visit our lesson program information page.
Out of stock