2020 Learn to Ski and Snowboard School Program
REGISTRATION CLOSED FOR THE 20-21 SEASON
2021 Learn to Ski and Snowboard School Program
Beford Montessori will be partnering with McIntyre Ski Area to provide ski and snowboard lessons to students during McIntyre’s Little Macs school lesson program! McIntyre has been providing snowsports programs to children for over 25 years. McIntyre provides children with a fun, safe and unintimidating environment to learn a sport that will last a lifetime!
Little Macs Lessons (all 5 weeks)
~Helmet Rental $20
~Registration closes at 9:00am on December 18th, 2020.
Bedford Montessori will be attending Snowsports Club at McIntyre on:
~Thursdays from 2:00-3:00 beginning on January 7th, 2021
~Lessons will take place on: Jan 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th and Feb 4th
School Coordinator Contact:
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Any student who is renting equipment must be sized at least 2 weeks before programs begin so that they can have their equipment ready when they arrive the first day and have the correct information printed on their lesson tag.
- McIntyre will be hosting fitting and information nights in our ski shop on:
- Tuesday Dec. 8th: 6pm-7pm
- Thursday Dec. 10th: 6pm-7pm
- Monday Dec. 14th: 6pm-7pm
- Due to school restrictions this year we will be unable to attend schools for fittings. If you cannot attend the dates above, feel free to stop by during our regular shop hours to be fitted for rentals.
- All students will be grouped according to age and ability. We will evaluate your child and make sure they are in the appropriate group for their skill level and age.
- Any requests to be with friends are not guaranteed.
- There are no makeup lessons if your child misses one lesson. Makeup lessons are only done on a school basis.
- If lessons are cancelled by McIntyre, we will schedule the makeup lesson week to the end of the lesson program. (This would mean lessons would be one week past the projected last day of lesson programs.) We will do our best to make sure all 5 lessons are covered.
- If you as a parent or guardian would like to ski/snowboard while your child is here in lessons, you may purchase a parent pass for $15.
- If you would like to be more a part of the program as a chaperone, please let your coordinator know. McIntyre is always in need of chair riders, chaperones in the rental shop to help get children to their lessons on time, chaperones in the lodge etc. Your coordinator can provide you with more information on being a parent chaperone. Please keep in mind that this is not an opportunity to ski only with your child, other children will need assistance too.
- Please make sure your child is dressed warm and has extra hats, mittens and gloves packed for ski club. We also suggest packing separate winter clothing for ski club and recess, it is not fun for any child who will have to put cold wet clothing back on from recess for ski club at night. We have a wide variety of accessories in our retail shop and if you come by on a fitting and info night you will be able to save some money by just being in ski club!
- For information on what to wear for skiing and snowboarding follow these links. How to dress for skiing. How to dress for snowboarding.
- For more information on ski club and policies please visit our lesson program information page.
NEW POLICIES FOR 2020/2021
Due to COVID-19 we have adjusted and added some new procedures & policies.
The health and safety of our guests, staff and community are a priority and we must all act responsibly to help stop and slow the spread of COVID-19. Keeping our guests and staff healthy and safe is our number one priority this winter.
Please visit our Covid-19 page for all policies and procedures.
Out of stock